For all Students
1. All parents must proceed to the Registration/Accounts Department in school to complete the registration procedures, student information and payment.
2. Registration will be cancelled if a student fails to attend the school for a period of 3 consecutive weeks of the academic year without prior written notice.
3. Registration for any class is not final until all the proper documentation is available with the administration, the annual tuition fees settled in full as per the procedure for the settlement of school fees, the signing of the KHDA parent contract and after the approval of the relevant authority.
4. I understand that the school may take videos and/or photographs of my child(ren) and may use them in the school’s printed publications, as well as on the website or social media platforms.
In addition, for new Students:
5. All new students from KG to Grade 12 must sit for an entrance assessment & an interview.
6. The application and processing fee of 740AED per student is:
a. Refundable if the school does not offer the student a place
b. Non-refundable if the school offers the student a place but the student chooses not to take it.
c. Not deductible from the total tuition fees.
7. The results of the assessment and interview will not be disclosed until all documents have been submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
8. Parents must sign and approve the recommendations after the entrance assessment (including Special and Academic Support classes).
9. New Students applying from outside Dubai: Legalized transfer papers must be submitted before joining the school.
10. Grade 10, 11 and 12 students must submit a passport copy with residence visa valid for at least 6 months and the original Emirates ID.
The information below defines the standards and regulations that govern the registration, cancellation, and discount procedures as set forth by the Chief Financial Officer of AMSI. The standards are final and cannot be altered or modified.
1. Procedure for the settlement of school fees
1.1. Payment of registration and tuition fees shall be tailored over the payment plan that you deem appropriate, provided that there is no remaining balance or delayed payment of fees from previous year. The school procures books, uniform and other school materials early in the year. By providing your signature below, you are delegating the school to procure these requires items for your child on your behalf, in conformance with the school’s timelines for procurement.
1.2. As per KHDA rules:
For returning students, the school will charge 5% (10% for new students) of the total fee amount, as a registration fee, to be paid within the time frame specified by the school plus and is deductible from the first term of the academic year plus the value of books and school uniform. The registration fee is non-refundable unless the family is moving outside the Emirate of Dubai before the start of the academic year. The school reserves the right to ask for proof of this move, such as an acceptance offer from another school outside Dubai.
1.3. If the school fees will be paid by the employer, the parent should provide an official letter from the company stating the same and deposit a security cheque with the full amount as well, to be returned to parents once the company settles the full fees.
2. On late enrollment
2.1. If new students enroll during the course of the academic year, the school can charge tuition fees starting from the month of enrollment. For example, if a student enrolls in the 3rd week of October, the school can charge tuition fees from the beginning of October, add the value of the books, school uniform, activities and notebook computer for Gr.9 onwards and 1500.00AED for processing fees.
2.2. In case of a late enrollment discount, any other discount does not apply, including sibling discount.
2.3. Transportation: Any registration during the month of December shall incur full transportation fees. Any registration during the month of January: Divide the value of the transportation cost by 10 months multiplied by the number of remaining months. Any registration starting from the first of February shall incur 50% of the transportation fees, pending availability.
2.4. Special Classes: any registration to the end of January, shall incur full fees. Any registration starting from the first of February shall incur 50% of the fees.
3. On activity registration
These are completed with a cash or current/cheque payment immediately upon registration. Please note that the Accounts Department will issue a final registered participant sheet and cross tally it against actual participants.
3.1. Any participant who did not complete the registration procedures will be removed from the activity.
3.2. Any registration prior to and through the end of January, shall incur full activity fees.
3.3. Any registration starting from the first of February shall incur 50% of the activity fees.
4. On transportation registration
The fees for any required school serviced transportation must be settled along with the registration fees & upon registration.
5. On Cancellations and Refunds
Upon cancellation of registration prior to the start of the academic year and receiving books and uniform, a cancellation fee of 5% of the value of the tuition fee shall be charged to current students (10% to new students) plus 500.00AED transportation cancellation fee (if applicable).
After the start of the school year and receiving books and uniform:
5.2.1. If the student attends school for two weeks or less, one month’s fee will be deducted.
5.2.2. If the student attends a period ranging between two weeks and one month, two months' fees will be deducted.
5.2.3. If the student attends for more than a month, the full terms’ fee will be deducted.
5.2.4. All deliverables are non-refundable, examples: books, school uniform, notebook computer, activities.
5.2.5. All non-mandatory activity fees are non-refundable within a week from commencement
5.2.6. Fees for after school academic support are non-refundable for sessions taken or skipped.
Refunds and cheque withdrawals cannot be made during July and August and will be processed as of the first week of September.
5.3. All non-regular Subjects: I.E. in English, French
The parents shall be entitled to a refund for the special subject fees in question, as per the following:
5.3.1.Until the end of November, divide the value of the special tuition fees by 10 months, and then multiply that by the number of studied months. The balance shall be refunded to parents.
5.3.2.As of the first of December, parents are not entitled to a refund.
5.3.3.Withdraw the third payment (PDC) if available, and deduct the amount to be refunded without charging 350.00AED (Cheque withdrawal charges).
5.3.4 Reconcile the amount to be refunded with any returned cheque, if available, after charging 500.00AED.
5.4.1.Divide the transport cost by 10 months, multiply by the number of months the service was used, and add one month processing fees. The balance shall be refunded to parents.
5.4.2.Parents shall not be entitled to any refund whatsoever for cancellations made post the end of January.
5.5.1.For any cancellation, from the date of enrollment through the first week of the activity, parents shall be entitled to a refund with a one month activity charges fee after which there will be no refunds.
1. A student who is suspended from any activity as deemed necessary by the academic administration, or expelled from school for any reason whatsoever, shall not be entitled to any refund.
2. No refunds shall be made to the parents unless their account is fully settled, and there are no outstanding payments due in the form of post-dated cheque(s) or other.
3. Refunds will be made to the entity that settled the amount to the school.
4. Any refund cannot include the value of books, school uniform, activities or the notebook computer for Gr.9 onwards. They are non-returnable after they are delivered.
5. The application and processing fee of 740AED is non-refundable and is applied to every new student.
6. Procedure: Cancellation requests should be submitted in writing and must carry a valid reason. The Accounts Department will consider the date of the submitted written request in their calculation.
7. Returning students are not permitted to attend class in the following year unless bills of every nature of the prior year arrears have been paid.
8. Student diploma/certificates, school reports, transcripts and/or Leaving Certificates will be released upon completion of school clearance.
6. On Discounts
6.1. The Accounts Department will apply only the standard sibling discount in case of the registration of one or more sibling at any of its campuses in the UAE.
6.2. The sibling discount is applicable only after the parents have fully reimbursed the school for any outstanding invoices or outstanding accounts and is only granted to zero balance accounts.
6.3. For students who receive a scholarship, a respective amount will be credited towards the balance of the tuition fees of the student if payment was made in part. If payment was made in full then the amount will be deducted from the tuition fees of the next academic year.
6.4. In case of a late enrollment discount, any other discount does not apply, including sibling discount.
7. On Returned Cheques and unsecured payments (cheque withdrawal)
7.1. Any returned cheque shall be reimbursed in cash and not replaced by another cheque. Bank charges of 500.00AED shall be added to the settled amount to be also collected in cash.
7.2. Any discount (if applicable), including sibling discount, will be void in the case of a returned cheque.
7.3. A 350.00AED processing fee shall be charged to the parents every time they request that their cheque be withdrawn prior to the deposit due date. This fee shall be settled in cash along with a withdrawal request letter. (The request letter must be dated at least 15 working days before the cheque’s due date).
7.4. Family’s needs to submit a new cheque or pay cash or by credit card within 15 days in order to collect the old cheque.
7.5. Withdrawal/deferral requests are allowed within a maximum period of 30 days.
7.6. No cheque date is allowed to exceed March 31st of the current year.
7.7. Withdrawal request to defer payment can be availed only once per academic year.
7.8. Withdrawal requests are subject to approvals
MEDICAL AND INSURANCE
On Emergency treatment
I hereby authorize the medical personnel of Al Mawakeb School or any other qualified medical officer to administer emergency treatment and/or first aid treatment that my child(ren) may need during the course of a normal school day or during any school supervised activity.
Furthermore, in the case of emergency, and if I am not reachable, I authorise the school to send my child to the hospital or medical center for the necessary tests and treatments.
Personal Accident Cover (PAC)
The school provides the following cover to all students while in school or during any school-endorsed activity. Under this policy, our students are covered as per a set scope and limit during school hours or during any school-endorsed activity - Conditions apply.
· 75,000.00 AED for death or total permanent/ partial disability per student per accident.
· 10,000.00 AED for accidental medical expenses per student per accident.
1. Registration for all transport services will be suspended one week before, and will resume one week after the start of the academic year, pending availability.
2. In case of address change, a 5 working day advance notice and map are required before we can reinstitute the transport service and only if the new location is on designated routes.
3. The administration reserves the right to suspend/deny any student the use of the transportation service if he/she does not abide by the set rules and regulations. The student will be responsible for any damage to the transportation buses.
4. The administration reserves the right to revoke the seat allocated to the student(s) at registration once the bus route is confirmed.
On Rules and Regulations
1. The school shall ensure that every student registered for our transport service shall have an allocated seat.
2. The school shall include every student registered for our transport service in our accident & third party liability insurance scheme.
3. The school shall strive, from within the known restrictions, to maximize the efficiency of the transport system.
4. The school must adhere to the public rules and regulations of transport as prescribed by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) and related authorities.
5. The school reserves the right to allocate collection and drop off points to certain areas, streets, compounds and multiple entry buildings. Such allocation, if any, would be announced to those registered upon finalization of the transport routes.
The Transport Administration
1. The transport service operators cannot wait to pick up a student after the time that has been allocated to him has passed.
2. Any student who is not collected at the point of delivery shall be returned to school and his parents contacted to collect him/her.
3. There will be restrictions on the motion of our busses due to road/construction/or similar aspects. The school transport administration reserves the right to allocate the pick up and/or drop off point and time based on the factors that improve the overall efficiency of the operation & not on personal needs of the user.
4. Parents may track the assigned school bus online through the school portal.
Thank you for your interest in our school. We look forward to meeting you and your child(ren).
We would like you to follow the steps below to start the Registration process:
- Click “New Application”
- Accept the Terms & Conditions
- Fill in your family details
- Click “Register New Family”
- Proceed to “Add New Child”
Once done, the Admissions team will contact you within 2 working days. If you do not receive any communication from the school’s Admission team within the aforementioned time, please check your junk email first or send an email to [email protected]
Kindly check the attachment guidelines here.
Once again, we thank you for considering our school for your child(ren)’s education. Stay safe.
You can find the registration ID in the confirmation email you received upon successfully submitting your data for registration.
If you are a current parent in the school, please login to the school portal using your credentials as a parent. If you need help, please email [email protected]
Registration Booking Form
Academic Year 2021-2022
June 25, 2021